Why Join Florida Yoga Teachers Association?
There are so many benefits to joining Florida Yoga Teachers Association:
- To have your name and information on our searchable website’s teacher list.
- To advertise your workshops and events on our Event Calendar.
- To have first priority and receive a discount to attend our semi-annual weekend workshops with internationally known master teachers.
- To promote your teachings by blogging on our website
- To take advantage of a $20.00 member discount from BeYogi Liability Insurance. Teacher trainee insurance is only $25.00!
- We support events that promote Yoga in our community.
- Membership is only $35.00 per year!
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page!
Find Out More, Login or Register
FYTA members work to promote and improve the quality of yoga being taught in the State of Florida. Our member events and weekend workshops give you the opportunity to develop special and long lasting relationships with other teachers, while encouraging you to live your vision and develop a heart centered practice.
Meet Some of Our Favorite Master Teachers that We Hosted
Fri15Mar2019Sun17Mar2019Varied TimesGarden Club of St. Petersburg
Yoga Injuries: Causes, Prevention, Adaptation
Yoga Injuries With Roger Cole
This three day series of classes will teach you:
- What causes the most common yoga injuries.
- How to avoid them.
- What to do if you or your students have them.
Topics will include:
- Injuries to the knee, hamstrings, sacroiliac joint, low back, shoulder, wrist and neck.
- Suitable for all levels; a must for teachers and studio/club
- Each class includes lecture, demonstration and practice.
Roger Cole, Ph.D.
Roger Cole, Ph.D. is an internationally recognized yoga teacher trained at the Iyengar Yoga Institutes in India and San Francisco. He is also a scientist educated at Stanford and the University of California. Dr. Cole has conducted yoga research and authored dozens of articles on yoga anatomy, physiology, teaching and practice. He has trained thousands of students and teachers worldwide.
Want to attend the Event?
Yoga Injuries Registration Page
For more information, including Friday, Saturday and Sunday Session Information, Hotel Accommodations and lots more details,
Please Download the PDF Handout: