Why Join Florida Yoga Teachers Association?
There are so many benefits to joining Florida Yoga Teachers Association:
- To have your name and information on our searchable website’s teacher list.
- To advertise your workshops and events on our Event Calendar.
- To have first priority and receive a discount to attend our semi-annual weekend workshops with internationally known master teachers.
- To promote your teachings by blogging on our website
- To take advantage of a $20.00 member discount from BeYogi Liability Insurance. Teacher trainee insurance is only $25.00!
- We support events that promote Yoga in our community.
- Membership is only $35.00 per year!
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page!
Find Out More, Login or Register
FYTA members work to promote and improve the quality of yoga being taught in the State of Florida. Our member events and weekend workshops give you the opportunity to develop special and long lasting relationships with other teachers, while encouraging you to live your vision and develop a heart centered practice.
Meet Some of Our Favorite Master Teachers that We Hosted
Fri12Oct2018Sun14Oct2018Varied TimesGarden Club of St. Petersburg
Trauma & Chronic Stress: Yoga & Meditation Techniques
Trauma and Chronic Stress: Yoga and Meditation Techniques
Presented by Annie Okerlin
During this 15 hour course, learn to:
- Support your students with any type of trauma and chronic stress.
- Create a secure space for your students to experience themselves in a gentle and supportive manner.
- Deepen your sensitivity to your students needs.
- Understand the way the body & mind hold their experiences.
- Do your own work to be able to care for others.
- Cultivate a self-care practice to better support your students.
- Safely adapt yoga postures for any injury.
- Teach grounding meditation for anyone with trauma.
iRest Yoga Nidra Techniques
We will use iRest Yoga Nidra Techniques throughout the weekend for our own self-care.
No Partial Attendance
There will be no partial attendance for this workshop as each session builds on the previous sessions.
Want to attend the Event? Trauma and Chronic Stress Registration Page
For more information, including Friday, Saturday and Sunday Session Information, Hotel Accommodations and lots more details,
Please Download the PDF Handout: