Sat12Jan20192:00 pmThe Body Electric Yoga Company
The Foundations of Yoga: A Six Week Series
Are you new to yoga and want to learn more?
Or maybe you have been attending classes for a while and have questions about what you are doing and why.
Join Amanda Riker for a six-week crash course on the practice of modern yoga. Amanda will cover an array of topics from the functions of popular yoga poses to yoga history and breathing techniques.
By the end of the series, you will be confident in developing your own practice, and have a strong grasp of the techniques employed in today's studio classes.
- Week 1: An introduction to yoga, its history and styles
- Week 2: Anatomy, props, and five common yoga poses explained
- Week 3: Yoga poses continued - fifteen additional common postures and their practice
- Week 4: Vinyasa/Flow, the sun salutation and variations
- Week 5: Yoga breathing, chant and meditation
- Week 6: Full practice, discussion, and closing ceremony
- Students are encouraged to be present for all six sessions and must preregister.
- Dress for yoga as each class will include a different short practice.
- Breaks will be offered to grab a snack or jot down notes.
- Please bring a journal and your mat.
- All levels are welcome.
- If you have questions about the course, contact Amanda at: AmandaRiker@gmail.com.
Dates: Saturdays, January 5, 12, 19, 26 and February 2, 9
SIGN UP: REGISTRATION